RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Happy Mothersday
Communication with Children and Parents.
Motherhood

Most Popular Posts

Communication with Children and Parents.
Happy Mothersday
Motherhood

Categories

Communication
Parenting

Archives

May 2011
April 2011

powered by

Communication Recomendation for Parents

Communication with Children and Parents.

In todays world children are finding it hard to communicate with their parents.I will be discussing steps to improve the communication process between children and parents.Listening is one of the most used activities of daily living.Listening is a learning process for both parents and children it is a combined effort by both.As indicated in my previous blog there is no manual that prepares us for parenting therefore this is a learning process for both parents and children.
listening to your child             Some of the reasons why children may not listen to their parents may result from:
  • Children have poor attention span.
  • Children complain that parents cut them off before they are finish expressing themselves.
  • Childen assume what parents may say before approaching them so they dont even bother to talk to their parents.
  • Children say parents are dictators.
  • Children believe parents donot understand their thoughts,feelings and views.
  • Children say parents are critical and nagging.
       However with all this said we can improve communication with our children.The above mentioned issues are just a few of the issues that children may have with their parents.
        Some suggestion to improve communication are:
  • Start teaching listening skills early.Parents can have a family session where different topics may be disscussed and feedback is encouraged by all family member this is just one of the many ways to promote active listening.
  • Listen to our children the way we like to be listened to.Parents should give children their undivided attention this makes them feel important and may make them want to listen to you when you listen to them.
  • Donot cut children off when they are speaking always respect what they have to say it does not mean we have to agree.
  • Communicate with children that they should feel free to talk to you anytime they want.
  • Tone is a very important part of communication avoid talking down to children.
  • Try assessing the subject from their view point to understand how they feel.
  • Rewarding children for active listening so they feel a sense of pride.
These are are just a few tips to improve communication between parents and children hope you found it informative.

24 Comments to Communication with Children and Parents.:

Comments RSS
sweetie pie on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 12:57 PM
sooo true parents need to build a strong bond with their children

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:51 PM
thanks sweetiepie for the feedback yes it is inportant to build sustainable parent children relationships.

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:51 PM

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:52 PM

Atatcha on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 1:02 PM
Thanx for the advice I will implement some with my son

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:47 PM
You go Atatcha trust me this may help

Jaye Smilez on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 1:07 PM
Love this landa a lot of parents need to read this. Let them learn from the expert;)

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:48 PM
Yeah Jay i know you would love it you should refer some lol

Benecia on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:02 PM
I like :)

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:50 PM
Thanks Benecia for your feedback glad you like.

queenb on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:17 AM
love this as well..parents NEED to know this.

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:49 PM
thanks girlie really appreciate the feedback.

Shamequa on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:24 PM
Great job Yolanda! I really appreciate the advice and i will use them as best as I can.

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:43 PM
Thanks I am glad this was helpful to you.

Richard Reid on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:15 PM
Very nice blog, I will remember to refer back to this in the near furtue :-)

yolanda daley on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:46 PM
Thanks Richard for the feedback glad this was helpful to you.

Bulk SMS on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 12:32 AM
I always like to read a quality content having accurate information regarding the subject and the same thing I found in this post Communication Recomendation for Parents Communication with Children and Parents.. Nice work.keep it up.......

PowercomARS on Monday, April 14, 2014 1:19 AM
good day, your internet site is cheap. I do many thanks for succeed

Audience Response System on Monday, April 28, 2014 9:52 PM
I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

jobs in canada on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:48 PM
To much scrubbing is not good and for dry skin it will be harsh more than oily skin.So keep care about processes apply for cleaning the skin.

telicando marafecco on Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:57 PM
Oder was schien erschien wie a klein Schaeden Macht Ende a single eine Person , dass kann behalten der Player von das Spiel der Sport. Sie bieten unglaublich Auswahl Programme mit schnell schnelle Auszahlungen und ueberschlaege zur Verfuegung zu stellen mit noch mehr zu liefern you Wert zum auf Ihre Wetten.

telicando marafecco on Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:58 PM
Von bereit bis schliesslich die Spitze auf die Ihrer Woche , youll wissen Verletzungen bis important Spieler dass Macht Auswirkungen wie Sie Wette . telicando marafecco http://telicandomarafecco24.com telicando marafecco

swiss military chrono on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 7:00 PM
The subsequent time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to learn, however I actually thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you can repair in case you werent too busy looking for attention.

bilalshah on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 6:04 AM
Hi admin It is a very big responsibility for every parents to communicate with his children and increase them learn skills and also communication skills. I read your blog,that is good. thanks for it.